Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Rededicating

Is blogger burnout the silent killer? There is no lack of material if one fuels a blog with facts and opinions about outrageous doings of political-religious-business leaders. The blog as media and the stream of sewage flowing from the whitehouse seem made for each other. And we each have a life and fewer and fewer of our lives are on high enough ground to not have that sewage lapping at our feet.
But I can't talk in very specific ways about the people and minutes of my life...I blog anonymously and for now, that serves my needs and purposes better than being either who I am or someone I want to appear to be. If that is unengaging to many, too bad.
Yet I grew so attached to having a presence and sparking the occasional comment that I start to feel guilty or distracted about leaving the shelf bare and letting ET wither. I assume that the few who return to this page do so because its ostensible message and method suited them and they would like more writing done in that style and character. So if I change voice to encompass more easily written posts, I might be able to post more regularly but I also water down the drinks as it were.
I'd probably have more traffic if I posted at a steady one-a-day pace. I don't have that much original material or I don't have the time to devote to creating it. As a matter of pride, I try to put up my own content. We all have access to the papers, the news websites and each other's blogs so why repeat anything or even point to it?
For now, here's why:
  • To form community by informing the community about my causes.
  • To stand at my little spot on the political and other spectrums, holding my little candle like all the rest of you so even the myopic can guage our numbers though they may never "get it" about our causes.
  • To exemplify the enterprise of understanding our world and when I haven't the bandwidth for that,
  • To point to sources saying what I wish I had said or finding what I had hoped to find.

Today, I'd like to point you to Dennis Overbye's essay in the NYTimes. Overbye covers a few of my favorite themes about the uses and misuses of "science". Too many people don't seem to actually have done any of their homework in advanced physics and ought to have their license to apply physics as metaphor yanked.

1 comment:

Davoh said...

Just t let y know that am not dead, just busy in analogue time.. heh.