Wednesday, June 06, 2007

postette 1

Its kinda like a post only it requires no effort--which is about as much as I can afford this week.

Blogging or not, I still reflexively take notes as I browse. Most of it will be stale by the time I can spare an hour or two to write. And I actually do jot in HTML. Looking through my notes from the last week of May I find
So, this is the test: the dems caved because they were afraid of being branded unpatriotic and unsupportive of the troops and the two dems with higher aspirations than avoiding a few angry wingnut slurs went against the president anyway. lets watch and see what happens to their approval ratings as senators and their poll standings as candidates...if they don't take a hit, all the democowards are proven wrong in ignoring the will of the people.
Well, I didn't call the shot quite right but yesterday at myDD, Chris Bowers described the fallout among progressives that results from gutless democrats, citing an ABC-WaPo poll,
Disapproval of Bush's performance in office remains high, but the poll highlighted growing disapproval of the new Democratic majority in Congress. Just 39 percent said they approve of the job Congress is doing,...
This is less healthy than the boost I wanted to see for the two Democratic candidates who, for whatever carefully calculated reason, took the right decision: its just an erosion of the work progressives did back in the 2006 congressional election. Like I said, start taking names.

No comments: