Friday, March 30, 2007

another way in which truth is beauty

Perhaps I don't read enough at Townhall.com or littlegreenfootballs. They must be full of very compelling prose and insight: they rank at the top of TTLB's ecosystem. I have always been a poor writer. My enjoyment mixes with a touch of envy on reading Michael Berube or James Wolcott. But I have not had that experience where Jonah Goldberg cracks the thesaurus nor any of his ilk. Andrew Sullivan comes and goes from my comfort zone.

I don't know why, as a literary feat, one could not write a beautiful lie. But all the skill in the world has, for me, only amplified the vulgarity of the lies I read.



I have taxes to do, a Torah portion to chant and just generally no time to blog. I know I won't stay away for long....

No comments: