Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dilemma

The root of all moralities that I can endorse is the awareness in an individual of the unconditional and essential equality of another individual: the realization of the equivalent worth and validity of that other individual's capacity to feel, their inability to choose a new past or set of formative experiences and their absolute right to act. Even those who seem full of harmful mistakes. If there were not leeway for them to be wrong, there would be none for me to judge what was right. That is our dilemma.

Mistakes there may be but only in equality can we engage them.


I have rediscovered my brevity muse by both accident and necessity. Cleaning the basement to make way for the water heater replacements, I discovered a 25 year old journal. I never wrote at length back then and I have no time now.

No comments: